Peace Seminar in Okinawa 2019-CLOSED-
We are no longer accepting applications for Peace Seminar in Okinawa 2019
20 young women from Korea and Japan will be joined in Okinawa for a seminar to learn about peace through various discussions, workshops and field trips.
The topics of the seminar are “PEACE”. Seminar will be coverd the following topics; “History and Culture in Okinawa” , “Women and the War” and ” Violence agaisnt Women”
20 youung women spending time together throughout this seminar.
It will be a great opportunity to think about Peace and global issues.
Seminar Schedule: Monday, February 18th – Saturday, February 23rd 2019 (5 nights, 6 days)
Place : Okinawa Ginowan Seminar House.
Admission fee: Free (Please organize travel to and from Okinawa on your own)
Meeting point : Okinawa Naha international airport
Application due date: December 10th 2018
Capacity of participants: 8
Who may apply:
1) Christians or applicants open to the teachings of Christ (There will a service every day.)
2) Any women between 18-30 yrs (Younger applicants should be high school graduates.)
3) Applicants must have an interest in peace and women’s social issues.
4) Applicant’s health must be good enough to perform various works during the camp and be able to adapt to a new environment and work group.
5) Applicants must be able to communicate in English.
6) Orientation meeting will be held Dec 27th and preparation meetings held Jan 18th and Feb 5th. Participants can call in via Skype.
7) Post seminar getherings will be held on April 6th,2019 for feedback on your experience. Participants can attend via Skype.
8) We ask participants to submit a feedback report by March 4th, 2019.
9) All applicants will be interviewed after their documents are screened.
Should you have any inquiries, please contact Wesley Zaidan at firstname.lastname@example.org