1. How can I apply?
Usually you can find application information on the Wesley Zaidan website. Visit our website and read the details to apply. You need to apply online for any program. For international and domestic programs, you are required to submit a recommendation letter after applied online. We review your documents first, then conduct an interview (could be online).
2. When do you open a program?
It varies depending on the intended participants of the program, and whether the program is an international program, a domestic program, or a lecture. Trainings and programs with overnight stays for younger generations such as university students will be conducted from July to September and from February to March according to the long vacation period at high schools and universities (including graduate schools). The timing of lectures varies every year. Please visit our website for more details.
3. How much does it cost to participate in a program?
It depends on the program you participate in. For programs with overnight stays, you can participate at half to one-fourth of the total travel cost instead of paying for full amount. The program fee is more acceptable since the foundation supports the participation fee. And many of the lectures are offered for free. Please visit our website for more details.
4. Can parents or friends prepare the recommendation letter to apply for the program?
We ask a third party who knows you well, other than your parents or friends, to write a recommendation letter. Ask a pastor if you are attending a church, or you can ask a school teacher to write the recommendation letter.
5. Can I apply for the same program or training every year?
At the Wesley Foundation, one person can apply for the same program only once to provide many people with the opportunity. However, for programs recruiting internships, you may have an opportunity to apply for the same program as an intern.
6. Can I apply for the program twice a year?
Yes, but in different programs.
7. What kind of questions will I be asked at an interview?
We will ask you whether you understand the purpose of the program, your application motive, and how you would like to leverage your experience. If you apply for an international program, a simple English conversation assessment will be conducted to determine your English proficiency.
8. What am I supposed to write in the report?
Describe the participation motive for the training, what you learned in the training, and how you would like to leverage your experience in the training in the future.
9. It seems that there are many programs for women. Why?
The history of the Wesley Foundation inherits the legacy of female missionaries from North America over 100 years ago who devoted their lives to develop education for Japanese women. Therefore, one of our missions is to empower women in today’s society, and we value programs for women. Recently, we have more programs both for men and women.
10. Is training only for young people?
No. One of the Wesley Foundation’s missions is to develop the next generation, and that is why you see a lot of training for young people. However we have also conducted many programs for a wide range of age groups in domestic seminars, lectures, and international programs.
11. Should I be Christian to apply?
No. Since the Wesley Foundation is an organization based on the spirit of Christianity, we hold many programs based on Christian values. However, anyone, including those who are comfortable with Christianity and want to know/understand Christianity, can apply and participate in the program.
12. What should I do with overseas travel insurance?
To participate in an international program, you are required to apply for overseas travel insurance designated by our foundation. You will be responsible for the overseas travel insurance fee.
13. Is there any free time during the program?
For international programs, the schedule is usually tight from morning to night, so do not expect to have complete free time. There is some free time on the last day. And some earlier participants went for sightseeing in the city and shopping.
14. How much English competency is required to participate in an international program?
You are not required much English proficiency for international programs intended for participants only from Japan. However, leadership training and Peace Seminars, which participants are gathered from various Asian countries, are all conducted in English. Pre-assignments, presentations during training, and conversations between participants are all in English, so you need to be able to communicate in English at a certain level.
1. How can I use the conference room?
2. What is a “Wesley Registration Number”?
A number that each qualified group will receive after registration.
3. What are the criteria to be registered under Category II?
Groups that received public certification from the Japanese government.
4. What are the reservation conditions?
Please refer to the “IV. Rules of Use” of our User Agreement.
5. Can I keep a room tentatively?
We do not accept keeping rooms tentatively in order to provide equal opportunity to reserve the room for each user. Please make sure to reserve the rooms after your schedule is fixed.
6. How can I use the rental equipment?
Fill out the “Request of Equipment” section of the Reservation Form when you submit a request. We will provide instructions on how to use the rental equipment in the confirmation e-mail.
7. I want to know the availability of each room.
You can check the availability of each room from the Reservation Calendar.
8. How do I pay?
By bank transfer payment (in yen only) to our bank account with MUFJ.
9. When is the payment due date?
The payment due date will be written on your invoice attached to the confirmation e-mail.
Case 1: If the reservation is 11 days or more in advance, the payment must be completed within 7 days from the date we confirm your reservation.
Case 2: If the reservation is 1-10 days in advance, the payment must be made immediately after the confirmation of your reservation request.
10. I want to make a change in my registration information.
Submit a new registration form. In the remarks/comment section of the form, write down the reason why you submitted a new form.
11. I want to make a change in my reservation.
Users can only change their reservation details before payment by resubmitting the Reservation Form for their new request. Users must cancel their original reservation in order to change their reservation details after payment.
12. I want to cancel my reservation.
HOW TO USE
13. Can you arrange the room layout for us?
We will not change the room layout for the users. Users may change the layout of the room, but it should be returned to the original state when leaving.
14. Can I eat and drink in the conference rooms?
No food and drinks are allowed in the building and the conference rooms (except for drinks in a container with a lid: example – pet bottle or water bottle).
15. Can you keep my belongings if I send them beforehand?
We cannot keep your belongings inside the conference rooms since different groups may use the same room on the same day.
16. How early can I enter the room?
Users can enter the conference rooms from their rental time.
17. How should I enter/leave the room on the day of use?
There will be no reception required on the day of your use. The conference rooms will be open, and users do not have to lock the doors when leaving.
18. Can I extend the duration on the day of use?
Yes, you can extend the duration as long as there is no group coming to use the same room after your reserved time. Users must contact Wesley Foundation immediately after they extend their use. We will send an invoice for the extended time.
19. Can we leave our belongings and room layout as we set them up since we are going to use the same room for more than two consecutive days?
Yes. However, Wesley Foundation will not be held liable for any loss and/or damage of the belongings left in the room. Please make sure to return the layout to the original state when leaving the room.
20. Is internet access available in the conference rooms?
Yes, free Wi-Fi is provided in each room.
21. Can I use adhesive tapes and/or pushpins on the walls?
No, please do not use any of the items on the walls.
22. Do you lend whiteboard markers?
No, we don’t. Please bring your own markers if you plan to use the whiteboard.
23. Can I view the facility?
Yes, as long as the room is not occupied on the day of your visit. Please inform us the date, time, and room you wish to view.
24. I forgot something in the conference room, how can I get them back?
Please contact Wesley Foundation office via phone call (03-6427-4696) or email (email@example.com) during 9:00-17:00 from Monday to Friday. Please provide the details of when, where, and what you have forgotten.